Friday, October 30, 2015

Dante's Hell

Dante's idea of an afterlife, specifically hell, I very much different as compared to other idea of hell. When you look at the main religions of the world, it's either heaven or hell, and maybe purgatory. In a humorous way, his nine levels of hell gives just about everyone a slice of eternal damnation; a piece of the birthday pie. But each hell isn't going to be as bad as some of the other hells. I believe he is trying to make people comfortable with the concept of going to hell, and might just possible support the ideas that its ok to sin. He might want people to be ok with going to hell in order for us to seek out our pleasures. "It's ok that you stole, the guy to your left who murder and raped everyone in his village and is going to the hardcore hell where bad country music is played on the daily and it smell like suffer (eggs)", says the guy in hell.

1 comment:

  1. Sean, interesting take on Dante's Hell. i don't want any of Dante's hell for a birthday!
    I would never be comfortable with the idea of going to hell. I would be terrified.

    ReplyDelete