I personally don't really believe that any of the presidential candidates live up to the expectations of Confucius teachings, except for one. Confucius once said, "Silence is the true friend and never betrays". When we look at many of the popular candidates, we find them out spoken and always talking about someone or some other candidate. Confucius is really talking about being humble, and people who are humble (means being modest in one's own importance) generally don't get into conflicts with others and people like them to the extent of friendliness. Honestly, who has ever wanted to hate someone who was humble?! Ben Carson is one of the most humble politicians (even though he is not, he is a neurosurgeon, but we will consider him as one in regards to the presidential race) I have ever seen (granted, I've only lived for 20 years) and always put humility and faith as the primary characteristics of his person to get him to the white house. Even with the criticism over his comments connecting America and Nazi Germany, and his opinion of Muslims, he has stayed humble and still remains on of the most popular candidates to Americans.
What do you think? Is Carson humble? What do you think about some of Carson's controversial comments? Please leave a comment!
I agree with you, I believe that Ben Carson is one of the most humble candidates right now. After the projects we presented in class, I've learned so much about Ben Carson and that I agree on most of his views.
ReplyDelete