Monday, November 30, 2015

Most Important Thing I've Learned

When I signed up to take World Literature I was expecting that I would be reading some boring literature, then analyzing it in class, then writing a paper about some thesis relating to the work, and then become an alcoholic like the writer Hemingway. However, I didn't exactly find the class to be like that. In fact I found it to follow some of the same guidelines as a philosophy class. The reading itself was still boring because I honestly didn't care about ancient creation stories, but what I did enjoy most is the discussions we would have in class about the reading and how it related to us and modern society. But I've learned to appreciate what others have to say and the teachings of the people before use. It truly makes me happier in life like how the Tao Te Ching teaches that life is subjective, making me care about what I think yet believe facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment