Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Struggles of Others

"What's really slowed me down in this project is the subject I chose to research and write a paper about." (Dante)

I had this same issue when I was researching Laozi. It's not that I didn't enjoy researching about him and the effects of his teachings on human society, but the fact that my passions in life don't exactly relate to the Tao Te Ching. Thankfully I found a lot of fantastic knowledge on life like how life is subjective and that their is no truth or reality to it life except for our own concise. 

"I am a procrastinator, i'm known for doing everything the night before it's due if something does not interest me." (Kimberly Barron)

Everyone at some point of time will put something off to the last moment. Sometimes it's because something doesn't interest you like how Miss Barron explains but a lot of times it can be because of a lack of resources that are not convenient. Kind of like how some don't go to the gym not because they don't have time for the gym but they don't have time to travel to the gym. I have found that making a schedule for work itself and setting a timer as you work can help you stay on track. 

"I have a very busy schedule between school and work, also taking care of a 4 month old." (Nelson)

I have always had much respect for individuals who try to excel under hard times in their life. A lot of people say they procrastinate but many more don't even have the time to procrastinate let alone have time to do the work needed for school. It is from this point people usually take time from their sleep or personal time to get things done. So bravo Miss Nelson for all the things you are trying to accomplish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment