Saturday, September 19, 2015

Media Heroes and Heroines

Long ago, people heard about heroes through stories told vocally, or by using some type of writings or drawings. Their were few Heroes as compared today from what I believe is from lack of documentation and the spread of information. That of course has changed over the span of human development and now we here about heroes and heroines, whether or not they are frauds or legit, ever day on the hour of every hour (over exaggerated statement). With the use of social media, internet, and news, the documentation of people's journeys and deeds can be simply publicized to billions of people throughout the world. In Africa, a man might be fighting against corrupt rebels and his story is captured by a reporter who shows it in the New York Times. In Brazil, some middle class American might have given all his savings to help spread his money and knowledge to the poverty and is shown on Facebook (both of which are example). With the knowledge of these modern day Heroes help inspire a lot of our younger generations to get more involved and inspire to do great things.

What do you think? Can Facebook and Instagram be a good source for the awareness of Heroes? Did you know dried fruits and vegetables are not as good for you as thy seem?

2 comments:

  1. In today's day and age, I definitely think social media is exceptionally useful in relaying information and bringing awareness to issues throughout the world, may it be by exposing corruption or inviting others to support a worthy cause.

    And I know dried fruits and veggies really aren't all that great for you; dried pineapple is coated in sugar, but it's so good that it doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel as if with the change in pace with how information gets around to everyone, that utilizing social medias like Facebook and Instagram is actually not a bad idea. Everyone tends to be on them and if someone sees an article about some hero somewhere, majority of the time he/she will want to see why the hero was a hero.

    Haha, and I actually didn't know that about the dried fruits; however, I don't really eat them so I wouldn't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete