Up until I started my World Literature class this semester, I never really took the time to understand the topic of eroticism. Society has always dubbed it as something inappropriate or something that must be done behind closed doors. For some, it's a topic that will only stay inside the mind of the individual. What I have come to understand is that most people find eroticism to be mainly emotional rather than physical, which I would agree but only for that first part. I thing Eroticism can be physical as well, and I'm not talking about sex. eroticism is something dangerous and misunderstood. It's something people have in their minds that they want to do yet forbidden to actual partake. But what if we do partake in the desire.
Maybe we are in a relationship with someone and then we find some sort of erotic desire for another and we itch that feeling, but no one knows we went through it. And what we did didn't have to involve sex.
50 Shades of Grey is always on everyone's list of what erotic is, yet their is that physical aspect that the characters participate in. Look at dominatrices for example. What they do is very erotic and very physical on top of emotional. I think eroticism is something you hide and express, dangerous and fun.
What do you think? Can Erotic desire be physical as well as emotional? Will I ever get an iPhone? Please leave a comment!
I think eroticism can be physical as well as emotional but not physical alone.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete