Friday, August 28, 2015

Comparison of Evolution and Genesis 1

As I read through the reading assignments that were required for use to do for Workshop 2, I came upon Genesis 1. I've never truly read the Bible, or been religiously active in my life, but I've always had a spiritual side and a scientific explanation side. When I was in the 8th grade, I had a physical science teacher who was a devoted christian and went to church just about every Sunday. However, he also told use if God created the world and humans, then he would have created the concept of evolution and science so the world itself could work. It was something that I took to heart and his statement fascinates me to the day. Upon reading Genesis 1, I finally see what he meant by what he said and when you look at it, even though it states that God creates the universe (1) and all life on earth itself (2-31) in just seven days, the story represents the Big Bang and evolution almost in chronological order. Even though, seven days seems like a short time to make something so large and vast, it might be possible that those seven days could have been a representation of the millions of years of creation.

Regardless of the time it took, those seven days for me prove the Big Bang and evolution actually did happen and they were a creation of God. I still stand on my spiritual and scientific morals, especially since the Bible opens new meanings and questions to life itself.

What do you think? Is Genesis 1 a representation of God creating the Big Bang to make life? Or is evolution and the Big Bang still a man made concept that go against god? Are Bananas an excellent source of Potassium? Things to consider so please leave a comment!


Source(s):
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1&version=ISV

No comments:

Post a Comment